Go to WiW on Battlelog
Connect to WiW TS3

It is currently Nov 25th, '20, 06:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Post images public (i.e.: at the forums) easy with DropBox
Unread postPosted: Sep 18th, '11, 19:03 
=WiW= General of the Army

Some of yoou probably know DropBox. Some might not. DropBox is a little program that you install on you PC (and mobile phone, ipad) that will create a new folder in you personal files. Everything you put in there will be synchonized with the DropBox servers and amongst all PC's, laptop's, mobile devices you have installed it on. Thats great for keep stuff available on all you platforms as well keeping stuff save from a crash of you PC or whatever.

So inside the DropBox folder i have diverse folders i keep stuff in. There are 2 special folders.
Public
Photos

If you make a new folder inside the Photos folder and fill it with pictures this will be an public available album. This way you could share the pictures you took at you sister wedding and share them amongst family with ease.

There is another feature that is quite handy, and that is the public folder. Anything you put in there can viewed by anyone, given that they have the correct link. I use this one to put images on the forums that are not allready on the internet somewhere. The thing that makes it really easy to use is the fact that in the right-click-menu there is a copy public link button that you can use on the forums.

Like so:

In the above image, i have created a subfolder in Public that is called wiw as marked with A.

In this folder i saved an image that i wanna use on the forums as marked with B., for this topic. So there i give the image a right-click with the mouse and click Copy public link.

Once on the forums i can just paste it between image tags and it will show in my post. Like so:

Code:
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36265704/wiw/_dropbox%20overview.PNG[/img]

So if you want to use DropBox too, please use the following link, since it will give me extra space on my account. (default is 2 GB) http://db.tt/WohMkcT

Post subject: Re: Post images public (i.e.: at the forums) easy with DropB
Unread postPosted: Sep 18th, '11, 20:29 
Commander
Commander

Tried this before, but none of my pics was visible for a longer time (Didn't know the trick with "Copy public link" cause I did not find such a button or link on the www dropbox site.) :/

Unread postPosted: Sep 18th, '11, 20:52 

They should be visible, since it is part of your account. As long as you keep in that folder with the same name it will be there.

Unread postPosted: Dec 6th, '14, 16:00 
Commander
Commander

Hmm, I had the pics in the gallery folder, not the public one. Maybe this is not possible to get a straight link to the picture then...

I need to test this when i'm back on my computer

Unread postPosted: Dec 7th, '14, 08:45 

btw. this works only with dropbox account started before a certain date. Newer accounts arent allowed to embed images publicly.